Fishing with Don and David Goodrich 7/12/19 : Juls WFA Blog
 Call Capt Juls: 419-835-7347
Juls Walleye Fishing Adventures
Lake Erie Walleye-Perch Fishing Charters-Running 7 days a week!
HomeYour CaptainRatesWeatherPhotosRecipesContact BlogVideosReviews
6-Pack Charters & Hotels

Insert text here.

Fishing with Don and David Goodrich 7/12/19

by Capt Juls on 07/12/19

This morning I had the pleasure of fishing with return customers, Don and his son David. Don was 79 when he started fishing with me, and is now 81. He and David make it an annual trip, to add to their memories together, and usually do it in June, but their trip had to be rescheduled, due to weather last month. 

I picked them up at their hotel at 5am, and we headed off to Big B's for some breakfast. I checked the wind forecast and found that it would be around 10mph out of the north. I didn't want to take a 16 mile run with Don in the boat, so I told them that we would drive over to Huron after breakfast to launch instead. It would be easier to run to my spot north of Huron instead of running east out of Mazurik's and save us some miles.

Nothing new on the program...same thing as the past several trips (see previous reports). I only ran 4 dipsies, to keep it easy for them, and to keep the chaos down to a minimum. The bites came at a nice steady pace. Don stayed in the port side chair and I would hand him a rod to fight a fish, and David worked the other side, reeling in fish, while I netted them,  and setting the baits out again.  

It was a pleasant morning, with the light north wind and cloudy sky. The humidity we have had of late was not present today, so that was a big relief too. The waves were 1-3's north of Huron, but were laying down a bit as the morning progressed.

We fished until 10am, and headed back in at a nice leisurely pace with a following sea, so the ride was smooth as could be. :)

They said they had a wonderful time, and that makes me happy.  Don, has won a battle with stage 4 cancer in the past, and suffers from COPD now, so he's uncertain of the future. I wish him the best and hope to see them again next year!

Tomorrow's wind forecast is for 10-15 mph winds out of the SW, so the plan is to launch from Mazurik's and find some fish east of Kelly's again. I may or may not make the long run again.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls

Comments (0)

Leave a comment