Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 6/9/19 : Juls WFA Blog
 Call Capt Juls: 419-835-7347
Juls Walleye Fishing Adventures
Lake Erie Walleye-Perch Fishing Charters-Running 7 days a week!
HomeYour CaptainRatesWeatherPhotosRecipesContact BlogVideosReviews
6-Pack Charters & Hotels

Insert text here.

Fishing with Caleb and Jacob 6/9/19

by Capt Juls on 07/09/19

This morning, I went to Big Bopper's alone, because my crew of twin brothers Jacob and Caleb Sulcheki, were meeting me at Mazurik's at 5:30.  The first time I fished with these two was back in 2016 when they were only 16 years old. Today, was the 3rd trip with them. They had to go with another charter last year, due to my schedule already being full when their annual visit to Lakeside takes place.

In the past, I have bass fished and perch fished with them. Today, we did walleye. I told them, "We'll be going that way for quite a while", and pointed east. They settled in and we took a comfortable ride out for approximately 16 miles ENE.

Hey, guess which program I ran  Yep, the same one I have been running for the past two months now....if you missed it....
Standard size 1 dipsies (w/rings) set on the zero and three settings. The zero setting was very productive at 35 back. The three setting was hitting on 49/55/and 65 back. There would probably be a lot more numbers, but those are the ones we chose and since they caught fish, we didn't bother to change them or try any others.   

 Silver spoons of all combos were working very well. (I would like to see more silver ones offered at our local bait shops as they all seem to be out of them or have a small inventory of color choices when they do have them). The Emerald Shiner is one of the lake's best food sources for the walleye, so it only makes sense that they would want to chase down a silver spoon that imitates an Emerald, eh?

Anyway...I digress....

Speed was....2.3-2.5mph. However, the waves were surging us as high at 3.0mph, at one point, and the fish still kept biting, soooo...they that proves they will chase it down and eat it, if they can. 

We had a three man limit in the cooler and many fish let go in 45 minutes, so we just played catch and release until the boys had had enough. We were back in by 10am. They had a great time, and did a great job with the dipsies, and that made me happy. 

Tomorrow's trip is with my crew from yesterday. They had to split up their two days, because the twins had already booked today ahead of them.  I'll be picking Mike and Ben up at 4:30am and doing it all over again. 

Tomorrow's weather looks even better than today, so I'm looking forward to it.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls

Comments (0)

Leave a comment